Here you will find answers to the most frequent questions about this year's International Passive House Conference in its ONLINE-format:
25th International Passive House Conference - Live from the studio in Wuppertal an ONLINE: How does it work?
The International Passive House Conference, initiated by the Passive House Institute in Darmstadt, annually provides new insights and ideas around the Passive House and is considered the networking event for the energy-efficient building scene. This year's 25th International Passive House Conference will be offered ONLINE only due to the uncertain pandemic situation and related possible travel and access restrictions. You will be able to attend the conference online through our platform.
Passive House - Building the Future Sustainably! - we stand by this through an extensive conference program from September 10 to September 15, 2021, we showcase to you how the building sector can contribute to a sustainable future. After all, despite the Corona crisis, climate protection must continue in earnest and we are convinced: energy-efficient buildings are indispensable for this! This year's program includes scientific presentations, building tours, the ONLINE Passive House Exhibition, and networking opportunities. Here you can learn about the latest findings on the Passive House Standard and get in touch with speakers, exhibitors, and conference participants from all over the world!
This year's conference will take place from September 10 to September 15, 2021, as an online-only event. It will be broadcasted to you live from the Historische Stadthalle Wuppertal without any attendees on-site.
The ONLINE Passive House Exhibition will be open to the public from September 1 to 16.
On Sunday, September 12, 2021, you can participate in our online excursions.
This year, the offerings of the 25th International Passive House Conference are available online only.
Among other things, you can expect:
- Expert lectures ONLINE-ONLY, with a livestream from Wuppertal, on September 10 & 11, and on September 14 & 15, 2021.
- The Passive House trade exhibition: ONLINE from 01. to 16. September 2021
- ONLINE-excursions to Passive House projects on September 12, 2021
- Poster pitches ONLINE ONLY on September 11, 14 & 15, 2021
- Component impulse presentations ONLINE-only on September 11, 14 & 15, 2021
- Guided tours of the exhibition ONLINE between Sept. 01 & Sept. 16, 2021. Don't miss the opening of the ONLINE Passive House Exhibition on Sept. 01, 2021!
Documentation of the conference
The conference proceedings document the presentations of the 25th International Passive House Conference. This will be made available as a PDF document in English and German. In the English conference proceedings, the German presentations are translated.
If you are interested in further documentation, you can contact the speakers via the contact details provided in the conference proceedings.
On the conference website clicking on "Program", you will find all information about contents, speakers, lecture sessions, and formats as well as the schedule of the 25th International Passive House Conference.
Now that the pandemic situation seems to aggravate, especially in Wuppertal and its surrounding areas, we are well-prepared and the whole conference will be carried out ONLINE-only.
On-site tickets will be automatically changed into ONLINE-tickets and the difference will be reimbursed.
In the light of recent infection scenarios in Wuppertal and its surroundings, the conference will be held ONLINE-only.
Yes, the recordings will be available online to conference participants during the conference and afterward from September 17 - 30, 2021.
The sessions will generally be in English. Selected German presentations will be translated into English.
Online format: technical requirements, platform, problemsolving
No. The conference and all its features will take place ONLY ONLINE. You will be able to participate in all of the onference's activities via our ONLINE-platform.
After purchasing a conference ticket with online participation only via our ticket shop, you will receive an e-mail with the access data for the conference platform in good time before the start of the conference.
If you had bought a conference ticket incl. attendance on-site in Wuppertal, it will be changed automatically into an ONLINE-ticket. All lectures and other formats will be transmitted via our conference platform and it is also possible for online participants to take part live and interactively.
Smaller meetings or the guided tours of the ONLINE Passive House exhibition will be offered with the online meeting solution BigBlueButton and are also accessible via the conference platform. However, it is not necessary to install any software to follow the program.
Note: For all solutions we use, please make sure that you allow the browser or app to access the microphone and, if applicable, the camera of your device when the corresponding query window appears. This query appears automatically the first time you use a new (webinar) platform.
In order to participate in the online offers of the 24th International Passive House Conference, you need an Internet-capable device (computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone), which is equipped with a microphone and loudspeaker, possibly also a camera (most pluggable webcams already have a microphone integrated). We recommend that you use a headset or headphones to participate in the online offerings, as this will ensure good sound quality for yourself and other participants.
Do you only want to watch the event and not have active conversations? Then all you need is a computer, laptop or similar with a good Internet connection and functioning loudspeakers.
The most common problems and their causes:
A possibility of checking a wrong selection in the audio options of the webinar. You can usually access these via a context menu on the audio button, via a cogwheel symbol or the "Settings" menu.
- Is your sound on or your computer sound set on "silent"?
- Did you plug in the speakers or headphones?
- Have you defined the correct output device for audio signals? You can usually do this in the sound settings of your computer, for example in Windows programs on the right side of the taskbar on the audio icon.
- Many webinar platforms require you to "use the computer audio" or similar features with one click when joining the webinar. You may have clicked here? Leave the webinar for a short time and start it again.
Nobody can hear me
- Trivial, but the most common cause: you forgot to click on the microphone icon before speaking, thus cancelling your muting.
- No? Then maybe you have a microphone with a hardware mute, e.g. a switch on the wire?
- No? Then you may have selected the wrong input for audio signals and must configure the microphone correctly either in the system settings of your operating system or in the webinar software. In Windows, for example, you will find the audio settings on the right-hand side of the taskbar behind the speaker icon.
- You may have prohibited the webinar platform from accessing your microphone when you first installed it or when you first entered the webinar room in your web browser. You can adjust this in the browser or app settings. Due to the large number of apps or browsers, you should briefly try a search engine here: "Browser name" or "Webinar provider" plus "Allow microphone".
My camera does not film
The causes are usually the same as a lack of microphone function, see above under "Nobody can hear me".
A meeting in hybrid format is just an ordinary event, so similar rules of conduct apply here as in the wild: discuss factually, remain polite, and please do not shout in between.
To ensure that all participants have a pleasant meeting experience online, we ask you to observe the following guidelines:
- To avoid unintentional noise interference, we ask that you generally turn off your microphone during live presentations. During the scheduled discussion, you can turn your microphone back on with a simple click if you are asked to do so and would like to contribute a speech.
- If you have a question during a talk, you can ask it directly in the chat.
- Of course, you don't necessarily have to turn on your camera. However, turning on your camera is a nice gesture at the latest for feedback or questions. Don't underestimate how valuable visual feedback is for those people speaking in front of you.
- Experience shows that livestreams are shorter than you might be used to from face-to-face events. Therefore, please make sure to keep your speeches as short as possible and to the point.
Questions about my booking
Due to the current pandemic situation, the conference will be held entirely ONLINE. All activities and contents will be presented via our ONLINE-platform. Get your ONLINE-ticket now!
You can choose your ticket in the ticket shop.
You won't have to rebook your ticket now that the conference is taking place ONLINE ONLY. It will automatically be rebooked to an online-ticket and the price difference paid will be refunded to you.
No, that's not possible anymore as the conference will be held entirely online.
Own video recordings of all offers of the conference are not allowed for copyright reasons.
You can view all presentations during the conference as well as after the conference from September 17 - 30, 2021 on our conference platform.
If you are interested in presentations or video material of individual events, please contact the speakers personally.
Are you interested in a stand at our ONLINE Passive House exhibition? We will be happy to answer your questions. You will find the recording of our Q&A-meeting for exhibitors on our conference website, Exhibition and we are happy to answer your questions:
Frau Oksana Schinas
tel.: +49 6151 / 826 99 - 71
Follow us on twitter: #25intPHC
You can download the English programme as a pdf file for free under Press.
Meet experts of the Passive House scene already from 01 September 2021 via the publicly accessible and free ONLINE Passive House Exhibition. The online Passive House Café, accessible via the exhibition lobby, is open around the clock.
The central contact point for conference participants is our conference platform. Already before the conference, conference participants receive online access. Group and individual chats, as well as video rooms, enable exchange before, during, and after the conference, up to and including September 30, 2021.
Your question is not yet answered here? Then please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to provide answers as soon as possible.